Friday, January 10, 2014

Places I've Been: Monteriggioni


Monteriggioni: A Little Walled City

Monteriggioni is my favorite place in Italy! Okay, so I've only been to Italy once, but until I get the chance to go back and do some more exploring, this is my favorite. It's a little walled city located outside of Siena.
One of the best things about Monteriggioni is the Armaments Museum. This is the only museum I've ever been to where they let you wear the exhibits and it was so much fun! 
Walking around the little walled city at the top of the hill feels like stepping back into the Medieval Ages. The wall is approximately 570 meters in circumference and has 14 towers! 
Of course, a day in Italy is not complete without pasta! Monteriggioni also had the best wine I've ever had in my life. Hm, maybe that's why it was my favorite?!

Hope you have a happy Friday! I'll be dreaming if Tuscany tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below!