Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 3: Another Sleepless Night?

Just popping in to say that it's the end of Day 3 of All Writing All the Time and I just finished the first draft of Valkyrie's Kiss!
Whew!
I can't believe it. I've been fiddling with this piece for months!

And now it's nighttime. This is the hardest time of day for me now.  The only drawback, in fact, of AWAT is that I have no way of letting go of the day. I can't read or watch TV, so I keep working. It's too late to fire up the vacuum cleaner (sleeping kids wouldn't like that) and by the time I'm done, my sweet husband is asleep. So after working furiously into the night, I sit and stare at the dog....and wait for sleep. I'm thinking I might try meditation tonight...try to clear my head.

How about you? Any suggestions for getting into sleep mode without books? I confess, I'm at a loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below!